What to Expect
Duette contact lenses offer great vision day and night.
It is normal to have lens awareness for a few days as you adapt to the feel of Duette advanced-technology hybrid lenses, but this lens awareness will diminish over time.
Duette combines two types of materials into one unique lens. The lens center is made of rigid material to give you great, stable vision. The soft skirt keeps the lenses comfortable throughout the day. No other contact lens uses the dual material design to provide great vision and comfort in a single lens.
Before You Start
- Relax! Putting in and taking out Duette contacts may feel strange at first, but once you practice a few times, it will be like second nature.
- Wash your hands with a soap that is free of oils or lotions and dry your hands with a lint–free towel.
- Check to ensure lens is clean and damage–free.
- Be sure to handle your contacts in the same order each day to avoid mixing up the right and left lenses.
- Avoid using oil-based cosmetics, hand soaps or lotions. Oil-based products can permanently damage the surface of your Duette lenses.
Putting In Your Lenses
Always wash your hands with mild soap and dry them well with a lint-free towel before handling the lenses. It is a good idea to handle your lenses in the same order each time to avoid getting them mixed up.Putting in Duette lenses is just like putting in a soft contact lens.
- Place the lens on the tip of your finger. A drop of preservative-free lubricant can be added to the bowl, if desired.
- Pull down on you lower lid and gently place the lens on your eye. Slowly release your eyelid and blink several times.
Taking Out Your Lenses
- Using one hand, pull your upper lid back.
- Using your finger on the opposite hand, pull down your lower lid gently.
- With dry fingers, pinch bottom of soft skirt at the 5 & 7 o’clock position – keeping the pads of your fingers together as you pinch. Hold the pinch for a count of two and lift the lens away from your eye. Dry your fingers before removing the next lens.
Caring for Your Lenses
Clean Your Duette Lenses Daily
- Place the lens bowl-side up in the palm of your hand. Rinse your lenses with a daily cleaner (approved for both soft and gas permeable contact lenses). Never use tap water to rinse or store your lenses.
- With the pad of your ring finger, gently rub the entire lens in a circular motion against the palm of your hand. Be sure to thoroughly clean the front and back of the lens and then rinse it well with saline.
- Store your lenses in either a hydrogen peroxide system OR multi-purpose disinfecting solution.
The recommended replacement schedule for Duette lenses is every six months.
It is important that you always follow your eye care professional’s instructions. Based on your individual needs, your eye care professional may recommend a different replacement schedule.
Disinfection Systems (use either a hydrogen peroxide or multi-purpose solution)
- ClearCare® by Alcon*
- Biotrue® by Bausch & Lomb
- Complete® by AMO
- renu® fresh™ by Bausch & Lomb
The standard of care for contact lenses recommends using a daily cleaner approved for both soft and gas permeable lenses. If needed, use rewetting drops approved for both soft and gas permeable lenses, as directed by your eye care practitioner.
*In some patients the tear chemistry may react with the hydrogen peroxide to cause a permanent white ring at the junction of the rigid center and soft skirt. This ring does not affect vision or comfort.
Here is a more detailed Patient Information Booklet for Duette, Duette Progressive and Duette Multifocal.