What to Expect
UltraHealth hybrid contact lenses provide consistently clear vision throughout the day and offer all-day comfort by eliminating the discomfort, dislodging and debris issues associated with traditional rigid lenses.
You should expect a brief period of adaptation to become fully accustomed to the lenses. Your eye care practitioner can explain what you should expect and how to gradually build up wear time so that you may enjoy unparalleled vision and comfort with UltraHealth.
Inserting UltraHealth Lenses
There is more than one way to insert your lenses. We recommend you pick the method that works best for you.
Always wash your hands with mild soap and dry them well before handling lenses. So you don’t get your lenses mixed up, it’s a good idea to handle them in the same order each time.
- Place the lens on the inserter OR stabilize the lens on three fingers (see photo) by pinching together your thumb, index and middle fingers to support the lens.
- Fill the bowl of the lens with sterile saline.
SynergEyes recommends using only preservative-free solutions with your UltraHealth lenses.
How to Insert Your Lenses
- Lean forward and look down at the floor. Sometimes it’s helpful to place a mirror flat on the counter to look into as you insert the lens.
- Pull up on your upper lid with one hand by placing the fingers at the base of the lashes.
- With palm facing up put inserter between thumb and pointer finger. Pull down on lower lid using a finger on the hand holding inserter. Gently place lens on eye. It is very important not to push lens too forcefully onto eye.
TOP INSERTION TIPS
Tip 1. To avoid bubbles, fill lens bowl up completely with saline. Bubbles may make lens uncomfortable and produce irregular vision.
Tip 2. Gently place lens on eye. As you insert the lens, the cornea will displace the saline and the lens will gently settle on the surface of the eye. If the lens is pushed too hard onto the eye, you may experience discomfort and lens fogging.
How to Remove Your Lenses
- Using one hand, pull your upper lid back.
- Using your finger on the opposite hand, pull down your lower lid gently.
- With dry fingers, pinch bottom of soft skirt at the 5 & 7 o’clock position – similar to removing a piece of lint. Apply firm enough pinch to cause bottom edge of lens to buckle thus allowing air to get beneath soft skirt to release lens from surface of eye.
TOP REMOVAL TIPS
- Dry fingers
- Hold eye open
- Narrow pinch
TOP COMFORT TIPS
- If lenses are uncomfortable during the day, remove, re-wet and re-insert.
- If eyes feel dry during the day, some eye care professionals recommend a lubricating drop.
- If eyes continue to feel dry even after applying lubricating drops, remove lenses and place in preservative-free saline solution to re-hydrate for a few hours.
- Try not to rub eyes during the day.
How to Clean Your Lenses
Be sure to clean your UltraHealth lenses each day prior to overnight storage.
- Use a daily cleaner at the end of the day. Place the lens bowl side up in the palm of your hand and apply the cleaner. With the pad of your ring finger gently rub the lens back-and forth. Be sure to clean both sides of the lens. Then rinse the lens with a preservative-free saline solution such as LacriPure from Menicon.
- For disinfection, use chemical (not heat) disinfection systems (Multi-Purpose or Hydrogen Peroxide solutions), as recommended by your eye care professional.
Lens Care Solutions
Disinfection Systems: Use chemical (not heat) disinfection systems (Multi-Purpose or Hydrogen Peroxide* solutions), as recommended by your eye care professional.
Daily Cleaner: The standard of care for contact lenses recommends using a daily cleaner approved for soft contact lenses.
Rewetting Drops: If needed, use rewetting drops approved for soft contact lenses, as directed by your eye care practitioner.
*In some patients the tear chemistry may react with the hydrogen peroxide to cause a permanent white ring at the junction of the rigid center and soft skirt. This ring does not affect vision or comfort.
The recommended replacement schedule for your SynergEyes UltraHealth lenses is every six months.